Accelerating Adoption of Enterprise Level Change
Driving complex change across the organization requires executive commitment, cross-functional participation and many times a significant monetary investment. The risks associated with implementing change can be reduced with focus on the above mentioned items; however, many organizations miss the opportunity to maximize their results or return on investment because of low adoption rates.
The best designed process or system can still be considered a failure if ultimately it is not adopted. To increase the success of your next engagement, add the following techniques to your change management approach.
- CLearly Articulate the Case for Change
- Individuals need to understand the business context for major changes
- Be transparent with communications and interact often with groups directly impacted
- Identify Influencers and Champions
- Incorporating champions early in the change process is critical but ensuring they are part of the process after implementation is essential for sustainable results
- Be aware of positive and negative influencers and develop appropriate strategies for both
- Bridge the Gap between Current State and Future State
- To enhance credibility, trainers need to understand the context and details of the current state process
- Leverage process models and build linkage between methods and procedures (M&Ps), job aids and training materials